Hobie Adventure Island
Trimaran Sail Kayak With Mirage Drive
The Hobie Mirage Adventure Island, a 16' Trimaran "Sail/Kayak" that incorporates the patented Hobie MirageDrive into a unique sailing machine unlike any other sailing craft on the water.
2018 Model: £5600.00
- Full Details
Hobie Mirage Adventure Island
Fast, fun and versatile, the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island gives you options. Unbolt the akas and amas and you have a super-quick, super-fun kayak; attach the new Aka II die-cast crossbars and ama side floats, step the sailing rig and you have a stable sailing craft whose seafaring heritage stretches back to the South Pacific.
A roller-furling, vertically battened mainsail makes reducing sail a snap, and the MirageDrive® provides power when the wind is light or when you're kayaking. A daggerboard prevents lateral slip, an upgraded rudder and rudder assembly provides plenty of helm control in a breeze and the amas easily fold parallel against the hull to simplify negotiating tight spots or docking.
Here are the features that make the Adventure Island so special.
- A boomless, roller-furling sail rig similar to the rig on the Hobie Bravo with plenty of sail area for excellent performance, completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
- Two retractable amas that fold up against the side of the boat, again with the simple pull of a line, for easy docking, manoeuvrability, and transport.
- The cockpit is the stable platform of the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak, offering full versatility as a pedalling kayak when conditions are not convenient for sailing.
- The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedalled while under sail, or simply pedalled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
- The Adventure Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a dagger board; oversized "Twist and Stow" rudder; Mast and Sail Cover; and an Ama / Dagger board Bag.
- The Adventure Island are offered in two colour packages: Golden Papaya and Red Hibiscus. Both options include beautifully colour - co-ordinated sails
We supply trailers designed especially for transporting the Hobie Kayaks Adventure Island and Tandem Island, to order one of our Hobie trailers and to discuss your requirments please contact us at the shop.
Back wire cap for Lowrance-ready Thru-Hull Wire Plugs
3-way connector for Lowrance Ready, Thru-Hull Wire Plugs (Backwards Compatible)
Repositioned Thru-Hull wire plugs for easier access
Two Molded-In Rod Holders
Roller-Furling Main Sail
MirageDrive 180 with ST Turbo Fins
Four Detatchable Akas with Carrying Bag
Two Color-Coordinated Amas
Two-Piece Paddles with On-Hull Storage
Two 8” Twist and Seal Hatches with Gear Bucket
Vantage CT Seating
Two Mesh Stowage Pockets
Kick-up Island Rudder
Patented Roller-Furling Sail with Battens
Two-Piece Carbon Composite Mast
Length: 5.05 m | 16' 7"
Width: 0.7 m | 27.5"
Height (Akas Off): 0.39 m | 15.5"
Height (Akas On): 0.43 m | 17"
Beam (Amas Folded In): 1.12 m | 44"
Beam (Amas Out): 2.90 m | 9' 6"
Fitted Hull Weight: 47.45 kg | 104.6 lbs
Fully Rigged Weight: 64.4 kg | 142 lbs
Mast Length: 5.03 m | 16' 6"
Sail Area: 6.04 m² | 65 ft²
Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 181.44 kg | 400 lbsOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island for your weight
Lowrance Ready System
Collection from store only.
Please contact us on 01752 892672 for more delivery options.
0% Finance Now Available On This Product!
We can now offer 0% Finance on the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island (0% APR Representitive).
It has never been easier getting on the water. Simply use the Calculator below by selecting the finance option from the dropdown menu and adjusting the deposit amount. Once you are happy with the monthly payment amount click on the 'Launch Loan Application' button, which will direct you to our Finance Companies Application Portal to complete the online application (This usually takes around 4-5 Minutes to Complete).
For more information on Finance available: View Full Finance Info.
If you need any further help or advice about the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island please get in touch by email, phone or visit our shop