Hard Chine Composite Sea Kayak
A low to medium volume sea kayak featuring a greenland-inspired hard chined hull design. Performs well on flat water for touring yet offers great handling in livelier coastal waters. A great option for UK coastal sea kayaking.
From: £1,499.00 (RRP £1,699.00 - Saving £200.00)
New model for the UK - first stock due July/August 2020 - Pre-Order Now!
- Full Details
The Norse Idun is a slightly smaller version of the extremely popular Norse Bylgja. Just like the Bylgja the Idun has a hard chine which provides fantastic stability and manoeuvrability while also maintaining speed and tracking ability. Although small, this kayak is mighty and robust. In addition to aramid reinforcement in the keel like all our kayaks, this model also has side reinforcements to withstand anything you can throw at her. Definitely not one to shy away from rough sea.
The shorter length makes this kayak fairly playful and easy to control. Drop down the retractable skeg and add a compass to the deck mount and you are ready for some serious touring. The lightweight V-shaped hull makes it easy to maintain speed and increases stability. Although small, this kayak still has ample storage with a day hatch behind the cockpit and a small hatch for storage just in front of the cockpit.
- Deck Lines & Bungees
- Retractable Skeg System
- Deck Compass Recess
- V hull with gentle rocker, flatter bottomed mid section and hard chines.
- Two main hatches fore and aft with generous storage bulkheads
- Convenient small forward deck hatch - accessable whilst on the water
- Meduim sized rear deck hatch and third bulkhead also accessible while paddling
- Constructed From Vacuum Bagged Fibreglass Composite, reinforced with aramid along the keel & chines
- Length: 15'11 / 485 CM
- Width: 21.26 Inches / 54 CM
- Weight: 50.7LB / 23 KG
- Cockpit: 84cm x 45cm - R4 / Keyhole
- Manufacturers Maximum Loading Weight: 180 KG
- Manufacturers Paddler Weight: 60-110kgOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Norse Idun for your weight
Accessories that you may need
Made in the UK the Manic Expedition features a mid weight, breathable waist tube with adjustable shoulder straps and adjustable Velcro waist. Latex rim coating for better cockpit grip. Equipped with elastic deck lines.
Price £71.95 (RRP £79.95 - Saving £8.00)
This sleek, compact tow line unfolds to make a large wide-mouth bag that is easy to re-stuff in rough water conditions.
70P is a deck mounted compass. The compact size makes it very easy to install, This compass fits into the recess of the Seabird Scott and other Composite Sea kayaks.
To prevent damage, we do not send composite kayaks by courier. Please contact us if you require delivery and we will endeavour to provide a delivery price using our own vehicles.
Alternatively we offer nationwide collection from any of our stores listed below
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Norse Idun online from our website and collect from our shop at Lee Mill, Plymouth, Devon or you can collect from any branch within the Canoe Shops Group. There is no cost associated with this*.
Our other stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road Nr Newquay
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich
- Southampton Canoes - Southampton
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
If you need any further help or advice about the Norse Idun please get in touch by email, phone or visit our shop