Hard Chine Composite Low Volume Sea Kayak
A low to medium volume sea kayak featuring a greenland-inspired hard chined hull design. Performs well on flat water for touring yet offers great handling in livelier coastal waters. A great option for UK coastal sea kayaking.
- Full Details
The Norse Idun is a slightly smaller version of the extremely popular Norse Bylgja. Just like the Bylgja the Idun has a hard chine which provides fantastic stability and manoeuvrability while also maintaining speed and tracking ability. Although small, this kayak is mighty and robust. In addition to aramid reinforcement in the keel like all our kayaks, this model also has side reinforcements to withstand anything you can throw at her. Definitely not one to shy away from rough sea.
The shorter length makes this kayak fairly playful and easy to control. Drop down the retractable skeg and add a compass to the deck mount and you are ready for some serious touring. The lightweight V-shaped hull makes it easy to maintain speed and increases stability. Although small, this kayak still has ample storage with a day hatch behind the cockpit and a small hatch for storage just in front of the cockpit.
- Deck Lines & Bungees
- Retractable Skeg System
- Deck Compass Recess
- V hull with gentle rocker, flatter bottomed mid section and hard chines.
- Two main hatches fore and aft with generous storage bulkheads
- Convenient small forward deck hatch - accessable whilst on the water
- Meduim sized rear deck hatch and third bulkhead also accessible while paddling
- Constructed From Vacuum Bagged Fibreglass Composite, reinforced with aramid along the keel & chines
- Length: 15'11 / 485 CM
- Width: 21.26 Inches / 54 CM
- Weight: 50.7LB / 23 KG
- Cockpit: 84cm x 45cm - R4 / Keyhole
- Manufacturers Maximum Loading Weight: 180 KG
- Manufacturers Paddler Weight: 60-110kgOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Norse Idun for your weight
Accessories that you may need
Roanoke Day Tour Combi Spraydeck by Palm. This spraydeck can be used for all kinds of adventure, coastal & estuary tourin
This sleek, compact tow line unfolds to make a large wide-mouth bag that is easy to re-stuff in rough water conditions.
70P is a deck mounted compass. The compact size makes it very easy to install, This compass fits into the recess of the Seabird Scott and other Composite Sea kayaks.
Delivery Of Composite Kayaks & Canoes
We offer a delivery service for Composite Kayaks & Canoes covering many areas of mainland UK using our own fleet of vehicles. Due to the increased risk of damage during transit, we are unable to offer a courier delivery service for this product range.
Please contact us with your address and we can advise price and availability for delivery to your area.
Click & Collect - Stores Nationwide
We offer a collect from store service for the Norse Idun. Collection for orders placed online can be made from any of our Canoe Shops UK Stores. For full details on our Click & Collect service, please see: Nationwide Click & Collect
If you need any further help or advice about the Norse Idun please get in touch by email, phone or visit our shop