Hard Chine Composite Sea Kayak
Greenland-inspired hard chine sea kayak with a vacuum-bagged honeycomb composite construction. Excellent handling in choppy seas and swell, and a joy to paddle on flat waters.
From: £1,499.00 (RRP £1,699.00 - Saving £200.00)
New model for the UK - first stock due July/August 2020 - Pre-Order Now!
- Full Details
The Bylgja has a complex hard chine which provides fantastic stability and manoeuvrability while also maintaining speed and tracking ability. Not an easy combination to achieve.
The large firm skeg is easily controlled from the cockpit and retracts on contact just in case you forget that it is down when you get nearer the dry stuff. Bylgja is extremely manurable and turns on a dime thanks to the hull shape. As with all Norse sea kayaks, the hull is reinforced with aramid all the way through the keel making her robust and stiff. Resin infused honeycomb construction is both lightweight and strong.
The Norse Bylgja has plenty of room inside and is suited for the mid to large paddler, easily taking up to 110kg plus kit. Lots of storage is available due to the pair of bulkheads and two day hatches.
- Deck Lines & Bungees
- Retractable Skeg System
- Deck Compass Recess
- V hull with gentle rocker, flatter bottomed mid section and hard chines.
- Two main hatches fore and aft with generous storage bulkheads
- Convenient small forward deck hatch - accessable whilst on the water
- Meduim sized rear deck hatch and third bulkhead also accessible while paddling
- Constructed From Vacuum Bagged Fibreglass Composite, reinforced with aramid along the keel & chines
- Length: 17 FT / 520 CM
- Width: 21.65 Inches / 55 CM
- Weight: 52.9LB / 24 KG
- Volume: 350 Litres
- Cockpit: 90cm x 46cm - R5 / Bigdeck
- Manufacturers Maximum Loading Weight: 180 KG
- Manufacturers Paddler Weight: 60-110kgOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Norse Bylgja for your weight
Accessories that you may need
Made in the UK the Manic Expedition features a mid weight, breathable waist tube with adjustable shoulder straps and adjustable Velcro waist. Latex rim coating for better cockpit grip. Equipped with elastic deck lines.
Price £71.95 (RRP £79.95 - Saving £8.00)
This sleek, compact tow line unfolds to make a large wide-mouth bag that is easy to re-stuff in rough water conditions.
70P is a deck mounted compass. The compact size makes it very easy to install, This compass fits into the recess of the Seabird Scott and other Composite Sea kayaks.
To prevent damage, we do not send composite kayaks by courier. Please contact us if you require delivery and we will endeavour to provide a delivery price using our own vehicles.
Alternatively we offer nationwide collection from any of our stores listed below
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Norse Bylgja online from our website and collect from our shop at Lee Mill, Plymouth, Devon or you can collect from any branch within the Canoe Shops Group. There is no cost associated with this*.
Our other stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road Nr Newquay
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich
- Southampton Canoes - Southampton
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
If you need any further help or advice about the Norse Bylgja please get in touch by email, phone or visit our shop