Hard Chine Composite Sea Kayak
Greenland-inspired hard chine sea kayak with a vacuum-bagged honeycomb composite construction. Excellent handling in choppy seas and swell, and a joy to paddle on flat waters.
- Full Details
The Bylgja has a complex hard chine which provides fantastic stability and manoeuvrability while also maintaining speed and tracking ability. Not an easy combination to achieve.
The large firm skeg is easily controlled from the cockpit and retracts on contact just in case you forget that it is down when you get nearer the dry stuff. Bylgja is extremely manurable and turns on a dime thanks to the hull shape. As with all Norse sea kayaks, the hull is reinforced with aramid all the way through the keel making her robust and stiff. Resin infused honeycomb construction is both lightweight and strong.
The Norse Bylgja has plenty of room inside and is suited for the mid to large paddler, easily taking up to 110kg plus kit. Lots of storage is available due to the pair of bulkheads and two day hatches.
- Deck Lines & Bungees
- Retractable Skeg System
- Deck Compass Recess
- V hull with gentle rocker, flatter bottomed mid section and hard chines.
- Two main hatches fore and aft with generous storage bulkheads
- Convenient small forward deck hatch - accessable whilst on the water
- Medium sized rear deck hatch and third bulkhead also accessible while paddling
- Constructed From Vacuum Bagged Fibreglass Composite, reinforced with aramid along the keel & chines
- Length: 17 FT / 520 CM
- Width: 21.65 Inches / 55 CM
- Weight: 52.9LB / 24 KG
- Volume: 350 Litres
- Cockpit: 90cm x 46cm - R5 / Bigdeck
- Manufacturers Maximum Loading Weight: 180 KG
- Manufacturers Paddler Weight: 60-110kgOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Norse Bylgja for your weight
Accessories that you may need
Roanoke Day Tour Combi Spraydeck by Palm. This spraydeck can be used for all kinds of adventure, coastal & estuary tourin
This sleek, compact tow line unfolds to make a large wide-mouth bag that is easy to re-stuff in rough water conditions.
70P is a deck mounted compass. The compact size makes it very easy to install, This compass fits into the recess of the Seabird Scott and other Composite Sea kayaks.
Delivery Of Composite Kayaks & Canoes
We offer a delivery service for Composite Kayaks & Canoes covering many areas of mainland UK using our own fleet of vehicles. Due to the increased risk of damage during transit, we are unable to offer a courier delivery service for this product range.
Please contact us with your address and we can advise price and availability for delivery to your area.
Click & Collect - Stores Nationwide
We offer a collect from store service for the Norse Bylgja. Collection for orders placed online can be made from any of our Canoe Shops UK Stores. For full details on our Click & Collect service, please see: Nationwide Click & Collect
If you need any further help or advice about the Norse Bylgja please get in touch by email, phone or visit our shop