Hobie Tandem Adventure Island
Tandem Sail Trimaran Kayak With Mirage Drives
Fast and efficient two person sailing kayak with outrigger AMAs, 90sqft mainsail, 18ft carbon mast and stacks of features to make sailing a breeze and super fun for all the family. Veyr capable expedition sailing craft for coastal waters and open sea use.
2020 Model: Call Us For Price
- Full Details
Hobie Mirage Tandem Island 2020
The ultimate versatile water craft for sailing fun, kayaking expeditions and fishing. The Tandem Island is geared up for two with dual Mirage Drive 180's with Kick Up Fins and two super comfortable Vantage CT seats. The mirage drives features Kick Up fins which will automatically kick up should they bottom out or hit an object underwater so that you dont have to worry as you use your craft. The Tandem Island is predominantly designed for sailing with a sleek 18ft 6in hull featuring two outrigger AMAs on AKA bars that can fold against the hull if needed for docking and tighter spaces. Unbolt the akas and amas and you have a super-quick, super-fun tandem pedal drive kayak - attach the AKAs and AMAs, un-furl the 90sqft mainsail and you have a stable sailing craft that is very capable of covering long distances on the coast and performing open sea crossings. Stable in the rough and fun to ride on long period ocean swells. Able to sail in even the lightest winds, the Tandem Island is great fun and can be used by novice sailors with ease and is great for learnign the ropes and get to grips with even if you have never sailed before.
The sail features a a roller-bearing furling 18ft carbon mast for great performance and easy un-furling and reefing. A drop-down centreboard board prevents lateral slip and the large sailing rudder and rudder assembly provides plenty of helm control in a breeze. The AMAs easily fold parallel against the hull to make negotiating tight spots or docking. All sailing, centreboard and rudder controls can be operated from the seating positions so that you can sit back in the super comfortable Vantage CT seats and sail away into the distance.
Want to make a proper adventure of it? This is the ultimate expedition kayak for escaping for a multiday adventure! A large bow hatch and three 8in Twist-N-Seal hatches give access to the inside of the hull and the large rear cargo area offers lots of on-deck storage and can carry the Hobie H-Crate if needed. Add the optional Hobie Trampoline Kits to run between the AKA bars to create lots of extra space for a extra passengers and the ability to put your weight out over the AMAs when sailing to better engage the hull in certain conditions.
This is a great craft for sailing and kayaking fun with the family to serious expedition adventures. The Tandem Island can do it all!
Here are the features that make the Tandem Island so special.
- A boomless, roller-furling sail rig similar to the rig on the Hobie Bravo with plenty of sail area for excellent performance, completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
- Two retractable AMAs that fold up against the side of the boat, again with the simple pull of a line, for easy docking, manoeuvrability, and transport.
- No wind for sailing? No problem! Use the dual Mirage Drives to cruise the waters in style.
- The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedaled while under sail, or simply pedaled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
- The Tandem Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a centre board, oversized sailing rudder, Mast and Sail Cover, several hatches and storage areas.
- The Tandem Island are offered in two colour packages: Ivory Dune and Red Hibiscus. Both options include beautifully colour coordinated sails
We supply trailers designed especially for transporting the Hobie Kayaks Adventure Island and Tandem Island, to order one of our Hobie trailers and to discuss your requirments please contact us at the shop.
- 2 x MirageDrives with Kick Up Turbo Fins
- 2 x Vantage CT Seats
- Roller-Furling Main Sail
- Two-Piece Carbon Composite Mast
- Two Molded-In Rod Holders
- Dual Steering
- Large Bow Hatch
- All Lines and Hardware Plus Harken Blocks
- Deck-Mounted Crossbars
- Dual Rudder Deploy and Retract Controls in Front and Rear Cockpits
- Steering Controls in Front and Rear Cockpits
- Easily Retractable and Removable Amas
- Kick-up Centerboard
- Four Cup Holders
- Four Mesh Stowage Pockets
- Fully-Retractable, Kick-Up Centerboard
- Kick-up Island Rudder
- Patented Roller-Furling Sail with Battens
- Rear Cargo Area with Bungee® Tie-Downs
- Three 8in Twist and Seal Hatches
- Padeye XL
- 3-way Thru Hull Seals
- Two 2-Piece paddles with On-Aka Storage
- Lowrance® Ready
- Length: 5.64 m | 18ft 6in
- Width: 0.76 m | 30in
- Height (Akas Off): 0.39 m | 15.5in
- Height (Akas On): 0.43 m | 17in
- Beam (Amas Folded In): 1.22 m | 4ft
- Beam (Amas Out): 3.05 m | 10ft
- Fitted Hull Weight: 56.25 kg | 124 lbs
- Fully Rigged Weight: 86.18 kg | 190 lbs
- Mast Length: 5.49 m | 18ft
- Sail Area: 8.4 m² | 90 ft²
- Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 272 kg | 600 lbsOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Hobie Mirage Tandem Island 2020 for your weight
Popular Hobie Accessories for the Hobie Mirage Tandem Island 2020
Hobie Tandem Island Trampoline Set
Durable AKA trampolines that can be used for carrying extra gear or crew, moving body weight out over the AMAs for better performance in certain conditions, reducing spray in cockpit or for just lounging on in the sun! A popular addition to Adventure and Tandem Islands.
Hobie Hiking Stick
Attaches to the rudder steering handle so that you can extend your reach when sitting or leaning out on the AKA trampolines (if fitted) so that you can still have full rudder control.
Hobie Heavy Duty Plug-In Cart
A strong and durable trolley for use with the Hobie Kayaks. Great for heavily laden fishing kayaks. Suitable for use on firm ground. Max Capacity 225lb.Please Note: You MUST use a Plug-In Cart Cradle for Tandem Island (see below) when using this trolley with the TI.
Hobie Trax 2-30 Plug-In Cart
A trolley for heavy Hobie Kayaks models - featuring large low pressure 'balloon' style wheels for riding over soft sand with ease. Suitable for use on both firm and soft ground. Max Capacity 242lb. Please Note: You MUST use a Plug-In Cart Cradle for Tandem Island (see below) when using this trolley with the TI.
Hobie Tandem Island Trolley Cradle
A cradle to support the weight of a Tandem Island when used on a Hobie Plug-In Cart.
The ultimate gear storage crate featuring H-Rail handles, grid walls and 4 vertical rod holders with built-in retainers. Very sturdy design that will hold plenty of fishing gear. Easy to customise with H-Rail Accessory Mounts to add your favourite accessories. Includes tie-down straps and clips for attaching to your fishing kayak. Footprint size: 35.9cm x 44.3cm x 33cm.
Hobie Fishing Rod Leash
Simple and effective bungee fishing rod leash for your fishing kayak. Clip this leash onto your kayak using the integrated brass dog clip and attach the other end to your fishing rod using the bungee attachment on the leash. The rod attachment can be unclipped for easy release from the leash if needed.
Hobie Mirage Drive Leash
Secure your Mirage Drive by leashing it to your kayak using this handy kit!
Hobie Kayaks Anchor Trolley for Tandem Island
An anchor trolley system allows you to position your anchor line or drift chute line off the bow or stern of your kayak. Supplied as a complete kit with full instructions for installation onto your Hobie Mirage Tandem Island 2020.
Hobie Drift Chute
Large cone shaped parachute deployed in the water slows your drift in windy conditions when anchoring is not possible or desired. Design keeps chute just under the surface and fully inflated. Anchor line not included. (Connect to the Hobie Anchor Trolley System for best results).
Collection from store only. We may be able to offer a bespoke delivery service using one of our company vehicles.
Please contact us on 01752 892672 to discuss delivery options.
If you need any further help or advice about the Hobie Mirage Tandem Island 2020 please get in touch by email, phone or visit our shop