Nova Craft Prospector 17 SP3
17ft Canadian Canoe for Families and Expeditions
The Nova Craft Prospector 17, the ultimate wilderness adventure expedition canoe. Large capacity makes this a great canoe for bigger families or for big adventures.
2 x Wood / Webbed Seats:£1099.00
2 x Plastic Seats:£1149.00
- Full Details
- Features / Spec
- Popular Accessories
Nova Craft Prospector 17 SP3
Whether you are looking for a canoe for all the family, or a large centre style boat then look no further than the Nova Craft Prospector 17. This canoe has enough space for a month's worth of supplies and the family. Or it's great as a centre canoe for the fun paddling experience see how many kids can fit in the boat, (give you a hint - more than 6!). The tough roto-moulded construction means it will cope with the usual abuse of slip ways etc. The Prospector 17 is a legend in areas like the Canadian arctic and Yukon, paddle it and you will know why. With good flat water speed and high sides like the entire Prospector range will give you a drier ride on coastal waters and white water rapids alike. Get two strong paddlers at the helm and this canoe paddles quickly and is great for covering distance on big inland waters. If you feel the Prospector 17 might be too long, then have a look at the shorter models in the range, the Prospector 15 or Prospector 16.
SP3 is a very strong and durable roto-moulded triple layer polyethylene plastic construction. SP3 is perfect for everyone from occaisonal paddlers to busy hire centres and clubs
Also available in a lightweight version made from TuffStuff - Click Here for more details.
- SP3 Roto-moulded triple layer polyethylene plastic construction.
- Reinforced vinyl gunwales with rotomoulded end deck plates as standard trim.
- Ash framed seats with webbing or plastic seats.
- Ash carry handles at bow and stern.
- Deluxe sculpted ash centre yoke (In our opinion the best standard fit canoe yoke on the market), shaped to spread the weight across your shoulders evenly and it has even got a small notch for the small bone in your neck.
- Shallow arch shaped hull gives initial stability whilst a moderate rocker allows good manoeuvrability.
- Length - 17ft / 518cm
- Width - 36in / 91.4cm
- Bow Depth - 23in / 58.5cm
- Centre Depth - 14.5in / 38cm
- Stern Depth - 23in / 58.5cm
- Rocker - 2in / 5cm
- Weight - 99lbs / 45kg
- Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 1200lbs / 545kgOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Nova Craft Prospector 17 SP3 for your weight
Accessories that you may need
Canoe trolley designed for transporting canadian canoes and wide touring kayaks to and from the waters edge.
Classic wooden canoe paddle design, quality pine and mahogany covered with clear lacquer providing resistance to the water environment.
Lightweight durable canoe paddle with an alloy shaft and polypropylene blade.
Multi-use watertight barrels keep your kit dry and can act as a table or seat.
Delivery of Clothing, Equipment, Accessories, Paddles & Inflatable Boats/Boards:
We offer a delivery service throughout the UK & Ireland. Most deliveries arrive within 1-3 working days, although some deliveries may take longer.
Delivery of Kayaks & Canoes:
We offer a delivery service on most kayaks & canoes covering most of the UK & Ireland - Some products and areas are excluded. We provide a bespoke delivery service for canoes and kayaks to improve the level of service and minimise the risk of damage.
Most Kayak & Canoe deliveries arrive within 1-2 weeks (not guaranteed) from confirming your order. The majority of Canoe & Kayak deliveries will be quicker than this but some may take longer.
For further information, please read our Delivery Information page.
Click & Collect - Stores Nationwide:
We also offer a collect from store service. Collection for orders placed online can be made from any of our Canoe Shops UK Stores.
For full details on our Click & Collect service, please see: Nationwide Click & Collect
If you need any further help or advice about the Nova Craft Prospector 17 SP3 please get in touch by email, phone or visit our shop