Nova Craft Prospector 16 SP3
The Toughest 16ft All Round Canadian Canoe
The Nova Craft Prospector 16 SP3 based on the original Chestnut Prospector, a true workhorse of the Canadian North.
2 x Wood / Webbed Seats:£891.65 (RRP £1,049.00 - Saving £157.35)
2 x Plastic Seats: £891.65 (RRP £1,049.00 - Saving £157.35)
3 x Plastic Seats: £917.15 (RRP £1,079.00 - Saving £161.85)
- Full Details
- Features / Spec
- Popular Accessories
Nova Craft Prospector 16 SP3
The Nova Craft Prospector 16 SP3 design is based on the original Chestnut Prospector, a true workhorse of the Canadian North. This canoe feels most at home loaded with gear paddling a remote wilderness lake or river.
Whilst it’s a great recreational boat it’s versatile enough to be a good all round canoe. The shallow hull gives a great stability to the boat and with experience your confidence levels will increase. With enough space for two people and a few days camping kit it has to be one of the best all round touring canoes on the market. High sides give you a dry ride through waves and rapids alike by cutting through and deflecting the water. With a symmetrical design front to back this boat is easy to paddle as a tandem crew or paddle solo with loads more space for kit!
SP3 is a very strong and durable roto-moulded triple layer polyethylene plastic construction. SP3 is perfect for everyone from occaisonal paddlers to busy hire centres and clubs
Also available in a lightweight version made from TuffStuff – Click Here for more details.
- SP3 Roto-moulded triple layer polyethylene plastic construction.
- Reinforced vinyl gunwales with rotomoulded end deck plates as standard trim.
- Ash framed seats with webbing or plastic seats.
- Ash carry handles at bow and stern.
- Deluxe sculpted ash centre yoke (In our opinion the best Canoe Yoke on the market), shaped to spread the weight across your shoulders evenly and even got a small notch for the small bone in your neck.
- Shallow arch shaped hull gives initial stability whilst a moderate rocker allows good manoeuvrability.
Prospector 16 SP3 Dimensions
- Length: 16' / 488cm
- Width: 36" / 91.4cm
- Weight: 75lb / 34kg
- Manufacturers Weight Capacity: 1000lb / 455kgOptimum weight capacity may differ - please contact us if you are unsure about the suitability of the Nova Craft Prospector 16 SP3 for your weight
Accessories that you may need
Canoe trolley designed for transporting canadian canoes and wide touring kayaks to and from the waters edge.
Price £56.91 (RRP £66.95 - Saving £10.04)
Popular canoe paddle used for all round paddling. made from laminated ash and bass.
Price £63.71 (RRP £74.95 - Saving £11.24)
Lightweight, laminated, basswood paddle with a urethane tip guard and a hand-contoured grip.
Price £46.74 (RRP £54.99 - Saving £8.25)
Multi-use watertight barrels keep your kit dry and can act as a table or seat.
Price £31.41 (RRP £36.95 - Saving £5.54)
Secure air bags, buoyancy blocks and other accessories to open canoes with these D-rings. They are double stitched to a vinyl patch which gives a good large surface for gluing to the bottom of your canoe.
Price £6.76 (RRP £7.95 - Saving £1.19)
We offer a delivery service for the Nova Craft Prospector 16 SP3 throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Canoes and kayaks are normally delivered within 3-5 working days.
Clothing and equipment orders are normally sent with on a next working day delivery service.
The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Nova Craft Prospector 16 SP3 online from our website and collect from our shop at Lee Mill, Plymouth, Devon or you can collect from any branch within the Canoe Shops Group. There is no cost associated with this.
Our other stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road Nr Newquay
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich
- Southampton Canoes - Southampton
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
If you need any further help or advice about the Nova Craft Prospector 16 SP3 please get in touch by email, phone or visit our shop