The Hobie Mirage Adventure Island, a 16' Trimaran "Sail/Kayak" that incorporates the patented Hobie MirageDrive into a unique sailing machine unlike any other sailing craft on the water.
Fast, fun and versatile, the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island gives you options. Unbolt the akas and amas and you have a super-quick, super-fun kayak; attach the new Aka II die-cast crossbars and ama side floats, step the sailing rig and you have a stable sailing craft whose seafaring heritage stretches back to the South Pacific. A roller-furling, vertically battened mainsail makes reducing sail a snap, and the MirageDrive® provides power when the wind is light or when you're kayaking. A daggerboard prevents lateral slip, an upgraded rudder and rudder assembly provides plenty of helm control in a breeze and the amas easily fold parallel against the hull to simplify negotiating tight spots or docking.
Here are the features that make the Adventure Island so special.
- A boomless, roller-furling sail rig similar to the rig on the Hobie Bravo with plenty of sail area for excellent performance, completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
- Two retractable amas that fold up against the side of the boat, again with the simple pull of a line, for easy docking, manoeuvrability, and transport.
- The cockpit is the stable platform of the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak, offering full versatility as a pedalling kayak when conditions are not convenient for sailing.
- The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedalled while under sail, or simply pedalled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
- The Adventure Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a dagger board; oversized "Twist and Stow" rudder; Mast and Sail Cover; and an Ama / Dagger board Bag.
- The Adventure Island are offered in two colour packages: Golden Papaya and Red Hibiscus. Both options include beautifully colour - co-ordinated sails.