Hobie Adventure Island
The Hobie Mirage Adventure Island, a 16' Trimaran "Sail/Kayak" that incorporates the patented Hobie MirageDrive into a unique sailing machine unlike any other sailing craft on the water.
2015 Model: £4375.00
- Full Details
Hobie Adventure Island
Fast, fun and versatile, the Hobie Mirage Adventure Island gives you options. Unbolt the akas and amas and you have a super-quick, super-fun kayak; attach the new Aka II die-cast crossbars and ama side floats, step the sailing rig and you have a stable sailing craft whose seafaring heritage stretches back to the South Pacific.
A roller-furling, vertically battened mainsail makes reducing sail a snap, and the MirageDrive® provides power when the wind is light or when you're kayaking. A daggerboard prevents lateral slip, an upgraded rudder and rudder assembly provides plenty of helm control in a breeze and the amas easily fold parallel against the hull to simplify negotiating tight spots or docking.
Here are the features that make the Adventure Island so special.
- A boomless, roller-furling sail rig similar to the rig on the Hobie Bravo with plenty of sail area for excellent performance, completely manageable from the cockpit with the pull of a line.
- Two retractable amas that fold up against the side of the boat, again with the simple pull of a line, for easy docking, manoeuvrability, and transport.
- The cockpit is the stable platform of the Hobie Mirage Adventure Kayak, offering full versatility as a pedalling kayak when conditions are not convenient for sailing.
- The Hobie Mirage Drive allows the boat to be pedalled while under sail, or simply pedalled with the sail furled for versatility not found in any other sailboat.
- The Adventure Island is loaded with additional standard features such as a dagger board; oversized "Twist and Stow" rudder; Mast and Sail Cover; and an Ama / Dagger board Bag.
- The Adventure Island are offered in two colour packages: Golden Papaya and Red Hibiscus. Both options include beautifully colour - co-ordinated sails.
Four Detatchable Akas with Carrying Bag
Kick-up Island Rudder
Patented Roller-Furling Sail with Battens
Roller-Furling Main Sail
Two 8” Twist and Seal Hatches with Gear Bucket
Two Color-Coordinated Amas
Two Mesh-Covered Stowage Pockets
Two Molded-In Rod Holders
Two-Piece Paddles with On-Hull Storage
Vantage CT Seating
Length: 5.05 m | 16' 7"
Width: 0.7 m | 27.5"
Height (Akas Off): 0.39 m | 15.5"
Height (Akas On): 0.43 m | 17"
Beam (Amas Folded In): 1.12 m | 44"
Beam (Amas Out): 2.90 m | 9' 6"
Capacity: 181.44 kg | 400 lbs
Fitted Hull Weight: 47.45 kg | 104.6 lbs
Fully Rigged Weight: 64.4 kg | 142 lbs
Mast Length: 5.03 m | 16' 6"
Sail Area: 6.04 m² | 65 ft²
Lowrance® Ready System
Accessories that you may need - Click here to see more Hobie Kayaks Accessories
We offer a delivery service for the Hobie Adventure Island throughout the UK & Ireland to home and work addresses.
Canoes and kayaks are normally delivered within 3-5 working days, clothing and equipment are sent via a courier using an overnight delivery service. The delivery price will be shown in the shopping basket
Collection - Click & Collect
Buy a Hobie Adventure Island online from our website and collect from our shop at Lee Mill, Plymouth, Devon or you can collect from any branch within the Canoe Shops Group. There is no cost associated with this.
Our other stores are:
- Bournemouth Canoes - Poole
- Brighton Canoes - Newhaven
- Cornwall Canoes - St Columb Road Nr Newquay
- Manchester Canoes - Warrington
- Norfolk Canoes - Norwich
- Southampton Canoes - Southampton
- Bantry Bay Canoes - Bandon, Ireland*
We will contact you to arrange collection upon receipt of you order.
* A £30 surcharge applies for collection from Bantry Bay Canoes.
If you need any further help or advice about the Hobie Adventure Island please get in touch by email, phone or visit our shop